Essay on Racism: Hello friends, friends today we are spreading like poison in the society of India. Casteism going to talk about. Even today, if you see, hatred is spread in the name of caste and religion in the society, and fights are done, which are taken advantage of by some political leaders and those who get these quarrels. You must have seen that at the time of elections, most of the leaders ask people for votes in the name of a particular caste or religion. This political game played in the name of caste is very old. Even today many of our political parties (Party) And this negative game of casteism is played by politicians.
If we talk about the remote rural areas of India, then even today there are many villages where casteism is still not completely eradicated. Today, people are discriminated against in the name of caste and deprived of their constitutional fundamental rights. till when this Casteism It is a bit difficult to imagine the development of a country till it is not completely eradicated. According to a survey, even today in India 94% of People are endogamous and like to get married, in the same way, we talk about jobs 90% of Small jobs are done by the caste people of the deprived community.
Here we will tell you about it through an essay on casteism. Origin, Meaning, History, Constitutional Legal Significance I am going to tell you about, etc. To know, read the article till the end.
What is Casteism?
You know that in our country India there are people of different religions and caste communities who follow different religions, out of which Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, etc. more than people. Casteism is considered to be a social system in which the people living in the society have been divided according to their varna, work, and caste. Friends, if we talk about the definition of casteism, then many writers and thinkers have presented their views regarding it. one of them is the author Chandan Singh Virat According to which the definition of casteism is as follows –
“Racism is a mental disorder of a serious nature that negatively affects a person’s ability to think, feel or behave towards another caste/community.”
: Chandan Singh Virat
Similarly, other thinkers have defined casteism in their own words, about which we have told you further in the article –
“Racism is an unrelenting blind and supreme group devotion that ignores justice, justification, equality and universal fraternity.”
According to Kaka Kalelkar
“In the language of politics, the feeling of loyalty to the sub-caste is casteism. That is, due to casteism, there is a feeling of loyalty to the sub-castes in the people. Every sub-caste wants to benefit its own sub-caste, no matter how much it may harm any other sub-caste.”
:Of. According to M. Panikkar
Know the meaning of casteism?
By the way, we have tried to tell you by referring to the definitions of different thinkers that casteism has only done the work of sowing hatred in the society, dividing the society and obstructing the development of the society and the country. In a way, if we say that there is a feeling of division among the people, this is the biggest reason for promoting casteism.
- SBI Junior Associate Clerk Recruitment 2022 for 5008 Posts Apply Online, Notification
- Instant Pan Card Kya Hai or Kiase Banaye 2022
- Navodaya Vidyalaya 9th Admission Form 2022 – Apply Online Started
- seotooladda price review login 2022
- Bihar Civil Court Vacancy 2022 for 7692 posts know eligibility & application process
- Oke Oka Jeevitham download [4K, HD, 1080p 480p, 720p] Review
- Captain Movie Download [4K, HD, 1080p 480p, 720p] Review
- Lottery Sambad today result morning night 2022
- 2S Means in Train 2022 booking
- ONGC Scholarship Scheme 2022 Online Apply
How did casteism originate? Know what is its history?
Friends, it is a bit difficult to tell in history when and where casteism started, because many historians and scholars believe that the concept of casteism is in humans. 19th century An ancient disputed book found in Manusmriti From I have come. It is believed that this book was written by King Manu during the time of Rigveda period. In Manusmriti all the people living in the society are divided into four varnas depicting the body parts of Lord Brahma. You can see in the below picture. These four characters are as follows –
- Shudras (Dalits, outcastes)
essay on casteism
In the above picture you can see that the face of Brahma ji has been linked to the people of the Brahmin caste community. At the same time you will see that the arms of Brahma ji have been shown for the people of Kshatriya caste. Similarly, the thighs of Brahma ji have been displayed for the people of Vaish community. Similarly, the feet of Brahma ji are shown in the form of Shudra and Dalit society and lower caste. Friends, the four varnas that we have told you above, on the basis of deeds and actions, people have been divided into different castes.
Some of the major causes of casteism:
There have been many reasons for promoting casteism in the country and hurting the sentiments of people on casteism, here we are going to tell about some of the main reasons –
- Knowing Your Caste Best: If a person is born, then his family, clan, religion and caste are determined in advance. If a person is born in a high caste or caste, then his life may be a little easier. At the same time, if a person has taken birth in a lower caste or caste, then it becomes the cause of discrimination and mental torture by the people of the society. Due to which a person born in low caste has to be deprived of his rights many times. Due to such social evils, the life of a person becomes like a difficult and one who walks on the path of struggle.
- Intercaste Marriage: Even today in the society you must have seen that people like to marry or get married in their own caste. Casteism has narrowed and narrowed the thinking of the society. If a person goes against inter-caste marriage and marries in another religion or caste, then he has to face a lot of opposition from the society. While it should not be so. According to the Supreme Court, under the Hindu Marriage Act, a person is completely free to choose his partner for marriage after attaining majority.
- Urbanization: Friends, you must have seen that the way our villages are urbanized and Modernization is happening. Due to which people have to migrate from one city to another for work and employment. In such a situation, we see that the caste system is implemented even in work opportunities. If you are from the same village or caste, then you will get the job easily, all this is a work based on recommendations. Right there we see that if you belong to another village or caste, then you face problems in getting work.
- Lack of education and lack of opportunities: It has been happening since ancient times that only the upper and upper caste people will have the right to education. In the olden times, caste discrimination was so much that only Kshatriyas and Brahmins were given weapons, knowledge of scriptures and the people of low and low caste were kept as slaves and slaves only. But when the country became independent and the reservation system was kept in the constitution, so that the people of the deprived and low caste society got all the rights which were available to the upper and upper caste people. But caste discrimination has not ended completely. framer of constitution Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar He too had to face a lot of casteist discrimination during his time. That is why he also gave a slogan for the upliftment of the people belonging to Dalit society and low caste-
You get educated, stay organized, and move ahead in the society.
: Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar
Friends, since our country has become independent and its constitution has come into force in India, then many laws have been made in the constitution to eliminate social equality and casteist social evils. If any citizen violates these laws, then he will be eligible for punishment under the Indian Penal Code. Let us know about such laws and rules.
- As per section 153(a) of the Indian Penal Code:
- If any citizen makes any changes or attempts to promote on the basis of words, signs, different religious values, place of birth, language, caste and community spoken by him, then he will be considered as an offense under the Penal Code and the person concerned will be punished. Counter legal action can be taken.
Friends, after reading the above article, you must have understood that casteism is more deadly and dangerous for our society than any external virus. If we want to end casteism then first of all we have to educate people so that they can know about their rights.
Manusmriti opposes which article of the constitution in the context of casteism?
According to scholars and constitutional experts, Manusmriti opposes Articles 17, 18, 19 etc. of our Indian Constitution, in which equality has been said for all citizens.
According to old beliefs, it is believed that Manusmriti was composed by King Manu, the eldest son of Lord Brahma.
Into how many Varnas are people divided in Hindu society?
In Hindu society, people are mainly divided into four varnas which are as follows.
Shudras (Dalits, outcastes)
What are the reasons for promoting casteism in society?
Some of the main reasons for promoting casteism in the society are as follows –
lack of education among people
adherence to orthodox religious beliefs
distance of differences between people in society
When was the first caste-based census conducted in India?
The caste-based census was conducted for the first time in India in the year 2011.