National Child Labor Project Scheme INTRODUCTION:- Children are a valuable asset to any society. They constitute a very large segment of our population. As per the 2011 Census, persons below the age of 14 years account for 29% of the total population while persons between the age group 14-18 years account for another 10% of the total population.
The child’s natural place is at school and the playground. However many children are unfortunately denied these basic development opportunities in childhood. They instead get burdened with work because of poverty, irregular income streams for the family, economic shocks, ignorance, lack of access to social security, education, health facilities, food security, etc. The 2013 World Report on Child Labor prepared by the ILO has observed that child labor can compromise the productive capacity of workers during adulthood and thereby constrain both national economic growth and efforts to reduce poverty.
The phenomenon of child labor is due to socio-economic compulsions. The government’s policy is, therefore, to prohibit child labor in hazardous employment and regulate their working conditions in other employment/occupations. The working children are deprived of the basic needs for their development, such as education, health care, nutrition, etc. The purpose underlying the Scheme is to identify child labor and to make available welfare inputs to them through voluntary organizations.
national child labor project scheme launched
The National Child Labor Policy is approved by the Cabinet on 14th August 1987 during the Seventh Five Year Plan Period. The policy is formulated with the basic objective of suitably rehabilitating the children withdrawn from employment thereby reducing the incidence of child labor in areas of known concentration of child labor.
national child labor project scheme UPSC
The National Child Labor Project Scheme is one of the schemes introduced by the Central Government as a solution for the current situation of child labor in India. It is a topic that comes under ‘vulnerable sections’ and is important for the Governance and Social Justice segments in the UPSC Syllabus.
What is Child Labor?
- Child Labor refers to the exploitation of children for any form of work that would deprive them of gaining equal access to education and a normal childhood.
- This results in the victimized child being used mostly for physically, socially, and mentally harmful work.
- India currently is home to more than 10 million child laborers, despite the various legislations and efforts taken in this direction by the Indian Government.
- The elimination of child labor is essential to achieve the set developmental goals of the government by 2030.
Grant in Aid on Child Labor
Funds under Grants-in-Aid Scheme are sanctioned directly to NGOs for the elimination of Child Labor in districts not covered by the NCLP Scheme. Under the scheme, voluntary agencies are given financial assistance by the Ministry of Labor on the recommendation of the State Government to the extent of 75% of the project cost for the rehabilitation of working children. Voluntary organizations have been receiving funds under the scheme since 1979-80. Currently, about 70 voluntary agencies are being assisted.
national child labor project (NCLP)
SCOPE OF ASSISTANCE:-
- The amount of assistance given by the Ministry of Labor for taking up action-oriented projects aimed at benefiting child labor and women labor will be restricted to 75% of the recurring cost of the project as per the approved budget.
- The remaining 25% of the cost including the non-recurring cost, if any, will have to be borne by the organization concerned.
- Duration of assistance will depend on each project and will be for a maximum of 5 years and will be generally restricted to the currency of the Five Year Plan. Sanction will, however be accorded for a maximum period of three years at a time. Releasing of grants for the project after a year will be subject to fulfillment of prescribed terms and conditions.
- In the event of assistance is available from any other source including International organizations like ILO, UNICEF, etc.
National Child Labor Project Scheme pib: Eligibility
The organization should be:
- A society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, or
- A public trust registered under any law for the time being in force, or
- A registered trade union, or
- A Charitable Company licensed under Section 25 of the Companies Act, or
- University/Institutions of higher learning.
In the case of a voluntary organization:
- The organization should be such that its welfare and other programs relating to child labor and
women labor are accessible to the target group without any distinction or caste, religion or language.
- The organization should be in a sound financial position and it should have the capability of executing
programs effectively and smoothly. This organization should have three years of practical experience in the implementation of welfare Programs.
Type of Activities -Financial Assistance for Child Labor
- The welfare of child laborers through Special Schools (in Non-National Child Labor Project Districts)
providing welfare inputs like formal education, stipend, vocational training, and provision of health care and nutrition.
- Preventive measures to discourage further accretion of children into employment.
national child labor project seeks
To eliminate all forms of child labor through
- Identification and extraction of all children in the project area from child labor,
- Preparing children removed from work for vocational training as well as mainstream education.
- Ensure convergence of services provided by various government departments/agencies for the benefit of the child and their family.
To contribute to the return of all fellow workers from hazardous activities/processes and through
- integration into their skills and appropriate training Me. Identification and withdrawal of all fellow workers from hazardous activities/processes.
- Facilitate vocational training opportunities for such scholars through the existing scheme of skill development.
- Raising awareness among stakeholders and target communities, and orientation of NCLP and other
functionaries on issues of ‘child labor’ and ‘the employment of adolescent workers in hazardous services/processes and
- Creation of a Child Labor Monitoring, Tracking, and Reporting System.
- Bihar Aaksmik Fasal Yojana 2022 Accidental Crop Scheme in all dry declared districts start getting benefits
- Ranga Ranga Vaibhavanga Download [4K, HD, 1080p 480p, 720p] Review
- Bihar Makhana Vikas Yojana 2022 online application started
- SBI WhatsApp Banking Without going to the branch 2022
- UP Awas Vikas Yojana 2022: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Housing Scheme List
- Yandex mail images translate games browser 2022
- Satta King fast result online 2022
- whatsapp web scan login qr code app download for pc 2022
- Indian Government Internship Program List 2022
- Teacher Day Speech 2022 for teachers by student
national child labor project (nclp) scheme focuses on
- All child workers below the age of 14 years in the identified target area.
- Adolescent workers below the age of 18 years in the target area engaged in hazardous occupations / processes.
- Families of child workers in the identified target area.
for more detail about pencil – platform for effective national child labor project (nclp) scheme click on the link,thats given below.
More Information About National Child Labor Project Scheme,
Child Labor Project Scheme FAQs
u003cstrongu003eWhat is the Fax No of the Ministry of Labor?u003c/strongu003e
The fax no is 23718730 and 23355679
u003cstrongu003eWhat is the Postal Address of Child Labor Department ?u003c/strongu003e
Ministry of Labor u0026amp; Employmentu003cbru003eGovt. of India,u003cbru003eShram Shakti Bhawanu003cbru003eRafi Marg.u003cbru003eNew Delhi-110001u003cbru003eIndia