Logistics Management: Due to the increasing business of e-commerce companies from the country to abroad, new career options in logistics are coming up. Customers are giving preference to home delivery for the supply of food items and essential items. In such a situation, e-commerce and e-grocery companies are making every effort to improve their logistics and supply chain management services to provide faster delivery to customers rather than relying on established logistics companies.
the logistics industry is emerging as a potential sector for the youth, according to a report, by 2025, this sector will grow at a rate of 10.5 percent CAGR. In such a situation, the youth can give a new career to their career by adopting this logistic management field.
The process of reaching the consumer in a better way, in a minimum time and at a cheaper rate, is called Logistic Management or Supply Chain Management (SCM). Due to this better logistics management and supply chain management, in today’s time, the goods produced in one corner of the world are easily shipped to another corner.
What is Logistics Management?
Logistics management is the process of transporting goods and other resources from one place to another smoothly. It is the sector related to the infrastructure, technology, and business of new types of service providers.
In which the movement of goods is done through the network of services at the international, national, and regional levels. This means that after the production of the goods, it involves the entire process of transporting them to the market and the consumer’s home. That too at the least price. Logistics is considered to be the backbone of the economy.
It is very important for young people thinking of making a career in logistics to understand this area closely because it involves the movement of goods through a network of services at international, national, and regional levels, including freight as well as sourcing/procurement, Distribution, warehouse, handling of goods, packaging, and security of goods, etc. Logistics is the only sector that is connected by road, rail, air, and waterways.
What would a logistics professional have to do?
Under this, professionals working in the logistics sector have to deal with packaging warehousing systems, distribution systems to supply chain management. Apart from this, sectors like labor management, customer coordination, purchasing are also covered under logistics. That means the logistics manager has the responsibility to deliver the goods safely and safely to the consumer’s home.
Educational qualification required for admission to the logistic course
After the twelfth (12th), you can enroll in a certificate, diploma, or undergraduate (UG) course to do the logistic course. For admission to the same Post Graduate (PG) course, one should have a bachelor’s degree from any discipline. . Apart from this, some educational institutes offer courses even after passing the tenth course.
The Logistics Undergraduate course is of three years and the PG course is of two years. PG level diploma courses range from four months to two years. You can also do BBA or BBM in Logistics. After that doing MBA is a good option.
For admission in BBA in Logistics, Retailing, and E-Commerce, it is necessary to have the 12th pass in any discipline with a minimum of 60 per cent marks and at least 50 percent marks in 10th or 12th in English. Also, the minimum age of youth willing to do BBA in Logistics should be 17 years and a maximum of 25 years.
For admission to MBA in Transportation and Logistics Management and Port and Shipping Management, at least 50 percent marks in any subject with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 50 percent marks in English subject in 10th or 12th or graduation. It is also necessary to pass the Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to these master courses.
Also Read …
- मगध यूनिवर्सिटी एडमिशन 2021: स्नातक में नामांकन के लिए ऑनलाइन आवेदन शुरू
- Inter Admission 2022: OFSS बिहार बोर्ड इंटर एडमिशन 2022 आवेदन
- vksu Admission 2022 : ग्रेजुएशन कोर्स में आवेदन
- Business Analyst course, syllabus, free eligibility 2022
- BRABU UG Admission online application will resume again 2
- Pharmacy Courses After 12th Eligibility Colleges Fees Admission process
- Radhe Shyam Download Movie Review 720p filmywap
- Hotel Management course Full Details 2022
- Footwear designing course for footwear designer 2022
- Nutrition Dietetics Course, Degree, salary detail
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Major Course
Certificate, diploma, bachelor’s, and post-graduate special courses in logistics and supply chain management related to different fields are offered. In such a situation, choosing the right course is a lot to make a career in the field of logistics. Whose list is given below
- Diploma and Certificate Course in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Logistic management
- Logistics and Port Management
- Certificate in supply chain management
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Logistics and Shipping
- .Diploma in Logistic Management
- Bachelor Course in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Bachelor in Supply Chain Management
- BBA Logistics & Shipping
- BBM Logistics & Shipping
- Post Graduate Course in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Course in Logistics and SCM
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBS in Materials and Logistic Management
- MBA in Logistics and International Transport
There are different course fees for different courses in logistics and supply chain management courses. The fees for diploma courses range from 30 thousand rupees to one lakh rupees. While the fees for the UG course are between 50 thousand to three lakh rupees. A minimum fee of one lakh rupees may have to be paid for the PG course.
- Best Institute of Logistics and Supply Chain Management / University
- GLA University, Mathura
- Devi Ahilya University, Indore
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur
- Institute of Logistics Chennai
- ITM School of Management, Gwalior
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi
- Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Material Management, Navi Mumbai
- Asian Council of Logistic Management, Kolkata
- College of Management and Economics Studies, Dehradun
- Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management, New Delhi
- School of Business, University of Petroleum Integral University, Lucknow
Main Entrance Exams for SCM
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (JAT)
- Common Management Admission Test (CEMAT)
career opportunities in Logistics
After doing this logistics and supply chain management course, you are a logistics officer, demand planner, logistics executive, customer service manager, logistics and distribution manager, inventory control manager, supply chain manager, production planner, warehouse supervisor, purchasing manager, shipping coordinator, Can make a career as Transport Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Retail Manager, etc. Apart from this, after doing this logistics and supply chain management course, you can also start your startup.
salary in logistics and supply chain management
People working in the logistics sector are given a very good salary package. After doing a diploma course, in this field, the salary of three to three and a half lakhs to five lakhs per annum is easily available. At the same time, a logistics manager is given an annual salary of up to five lakh rupees in the beginning, which increases with time and experience.
Also read …. What is paramedical and how to do the paramedical course?
In this post, we told you what is Logistic Management and Supply Chain Management? And how can you do a logistics course? We hope that you have got all the information about logistics and supply chain management. If you have any questions related to the post of logistics and supply chain management, please comment and reply to us as soon as possible. Will try to give soon.